Friday, February 15, 2008

A Happy Valentine's Day Recipe

I got to take the reins for Valentine's Day this year! Stephen and I decided that we are trying to save money, so I created a lovely little restaurant out of my kitchen (complete with sparkling cider, candle light, and romantic music). I made Chicken Parmesan and it was bascially AMAZING tasting so I thought I'd share the recipe. It's cheap and really easy to make. (both needed qualities for starving college students.)

Parmesan Chicken
1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
6 Tbs Grated Parmesan Cheese

6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 lb.)
1-1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese


PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Pour sauce into 13x9-inch baking dish. Stir in 4 Tbsp. (1/4 cup) of the Parmesan cheese. Add chicken; turn over to evenly coat both sides with sauce. Cover with foil.

BAKE 30 min. Uncover.

TOP with mozzarella cheese and remaining 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese; continue baking 5 min. or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted. Serve over noodles if desired.

So I don't usually follow recipes very well except for the oven part. It's basically putting spaghetti sauce and cheese on chicken. And definitely put it over noodles! (it's the best that way!)

5 comments:

Big Al said...

looks very special
wierd i just barely saw one of those in my toilet.

Sarah Marie said...

gross... you totally just ruined the picture for me. :(

Big Al said...

Looks delicious

A. Simpson said...

Good work! I'm impressed. Allen, you are grody!

annasibb said...

Sarah thanks for the recipe I will try it out soon! Looks great!