Sunday, November 9, 2008

Stake Conference!

Man that meeting was awesome! We are so lucky to have the truth in our lives! I really want to hear what touched all of you during the talks today. Feel free to comment!

There were so many great things that hit me but I've narrowed it to two that I'd like to share from Elder Hales' talk.
  • I loved to explanation of talking on the yolk of the Savior as taking upon us His name by keeping His commandments/covenants. It was really powerful to me when that description is used in the scripture as what makes life easy and our burdens light.
  • I also liked the description of prayer as making a plan and bringing it to the Lord. God is asking us "What would you have me do so that ye may have light in your vessel?" I like that it is our responsibility to use our hearts and minds to help prepare us to receive what we request from the Lord.

1 comment:

annasibb said...

The prayer thing hit me strongly too. It was like a light bulb going on in my head. The thing that struck me the hardest was the comments on tithing. WOW it should be a sanctified offering from us to the Lord. It brought new perspective on tithing!