Well family here is the short version of the last hour of my life. Getting an ultra sound is super cool!!! First you have to drink a quart of water and hold it for over an hour. You know me and my bladder now add pregnancy to it and think of the discomfort I was in. It was painful. They put warm jelly on your tummy and start rolling the blobber around. You see all sorts of gray blobs and think (Is this my child? Where?) We were able to see our baby playing peek a boo, we saw her yawn, we saw his/her heart beat, and heard it as well, we saw the spine and all the bones in the legs and hands and fingers. She/He moved around a lot! It was pretty cool to feel her move and see it at the same time. The tech took pictures of the heart, kidneys, head, brain, bones in the legs, you name it there is a picture of it! We got to take home a video which is pretty cool! We will send it with Aunt Tammy so that you can see because it is pretty darn amazing!! You can make out arms and legs and head pretty well. Overall it was an amazing experience.
Unfortunatley at this time I can not get the picture we got to down load to this blog. I'll keep working on it and maybe I'll have a picture up tomorrow.
4 comments:
so I just have to say that I think it's funny that you were trying to be not be gender specific in your post, but you definately posted her's a lot more than Hims. So my guess is you think it's a girl too. LOL Congrats super happy for you guys
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I see your parents all the time and they didn't say anything!! Second, I had to laugh at your comment about the ultrasound being "painful". I can only say, just wait!! Wait, until you are nine months pregnant and are too big to sleep comfortable--which ends up being okay because you'll have to use the bathroom all night anyway!! Driving always got hard for me too, because no matter how comfortable my pants were, as soon as I got behind the wheel they seemed to start squeezing. I know--it's not logical! And then there's the labor, nothing (and I repeat) nothing can prepare you for that!! But then, all of that is over and you get to take your sweet little baby home. And even though they don't sleep and it takes them a while to adjust, you know they come straight from our Heavenly Father. And there is nothing that can compare with this experience. It really is a wonderful experience!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
Yay baby! I can't wait to be an aunt. Thanks for sending me the ulrasound pic :)
Uncle Allen
Uncle Allen
Uncle Allen
Ok its gunna take some gettin used to. Oh yah your baby better not slober. ever or I am not holding it. Babies are gross
Post a Comment